Did you know there are now well over 100,000 chiropractors practicing around the world? The industry has seen such a growth because it is able patients an alternative to pain killers and essentially gets results, ie people out of pain. You only need to look at any chiropractor’s reviews online to see that it does work and the practice has helped millions world wide get out of pain. In our practice alone, we have already helped thousands in the Lacey area over the years. Our Google reviews reflect the many satisfied patients who have found relief from pain.
While this may not please the pharmaceutical industry too much, it is nonetheless an extremely viable option for patients to alleviate and manage their pain. And studies and research have backed this up. Let’s check some neat stats and facts about chiropractic.
Some neat facts on chiropractic care:
- Chiropractic comes from two Greek words, cheir (hand) and praktos (to do). Together it effectively means ‘done by hand.’
- Chiropractors are now the third most common field of doctor behind medical and dentist in the US.
- Around 27 million adjustments are performed annually. This equates to a million adjustments each business day. Or 125,000 adjustments per hour; nearly 2100 per minute!
- Chiropractic care is used in many major professional sports. Each NFL team their own chiropractor treating injuries and helping the prevention of further injuries for their players.
Some very interesting stats on chiropractic care:
- One study compared medical treatment with pain killers to chiropractic treatment. It found that 56% of patients who received regular medical treatment saw around a 30% decrease in pain over a four week treatment period. In contrast, 94% of chiropractic patients saw that same 30% pain reduction over the same time period.
- If patients saw a chiropractor as opposed to a regular doctor, Medicare would save some $84 million each year!
- Chiropractic care is much safer than using pain killers for pain. One study looked at the risks associated with chiropractic care and concluded they were low to very low. Contrast that with the opioid epidemic we currently have.
At Warwick Chiropractic & Massage, we aim to help our patients out of pain as quickly and efficiently as possible. Chiropractic care does work, we see it ourselves every day in our office and again, our Google reviews are testimony to that. This is why chiropractic care has become so popular for people searching for relief the world over.
If you are in pain, if you have back ache, neck pain, whiplash, carpal tunnel syndrome, or simply want a tune up, walk in and see us. Contact us 360-951-4504 if you have any questions.